I think I've mentioned before when it comes to my home I have color commitment issues. Really. Everything on the entire first floor is either brown, black, white or tan. Oh. Or gray. Gray's kinda new.
I'm pretty sure I can no longer handle color because I've shamelessly used them all. I had a orange accent wall at one point, for heaven's sake.
I'm a freak and need a neutral background. If I have a neutral background everything added to it matches.
Someone comes into my living room wearing a chartreuse sweater? Bada bing, beautiful. She becomes an accent color. Tabby wants a party with purple and yellow balloons? No problem. The pictures will still look okay because tan walls provide a great backdrop to the tackiness that is lilac latex.
I'm a freak. And I'm okay with that.
So why am I mentioning it again? Well, even though I can't have color in my home, I absolutely love texture.
Texture. Texture. Texture. I love furry accent pieces. I love loud prints. I adore shinny finishes, and raw finishes and anything that looks like it has a history.
So when I was looking for something to fill the large frames on my living room wall, I was nervous that doing something two dimensional and void of color wasn't going to provide the texture the room needs.
I got out my trusty camera and started snapping pictures of things I love: fabrics, the dock by our lake, rocks, sticks, (shocker!) driftwood and letters on signs.
I finally settled on pics of the typewriter I scored at a garage sale last year. I sent the files to Walgreens via the world wide interweb and had them enlarged into posters.
These are the three shots that made the cut:



I was literally dancing around as Thad hung them on the wall. And maybe I was clapping my hands together really fast.
And perhaps I have walked through that room roughly 28 times in the last hour just to make sure I still love them.
I'm a freak. And I'm okay with that.
3 comments:
gorgeous!
Very cool!
-steph
Will you PLEASE come decorate my house?? I share your color commitment issues. I've bought paint buckets with the intention of painting my walls. I've bought frames with the intention of filling them. I've bought other decor items with the intention of rearranging the entire room so they'll fit. I love your colorless chic style!
Post a Comment