Friday, February 12, 2010

Really?!

So some people are ornery. Really, really ornery. Which is totally obnoxious.

And some people are incompetent. Really really incompetent. This is even more obnoxious.

When these two characteristics are mixed into the same body, it's a lethal combo, and I have learned that a huge chunk of that group of really really incompetent ornery people work in the retail and service industries.

I'm not generalizing. And I am totally serious. I have been on the other side of retail, and I have seen it first hand. Many. Many. Times.

Why?! Why do they do it? Why must they interact with total strangers who are unaware of their extreme lethal combo?

Maybe the better question is why are they so mean?

Seriously. Is it cyclical? Are they disgruntled because a few customers were mean, so they were mean in return to subsequent clients? Or were they already ornery when hired? Maybe they were beastly to a customer so that customer becomes jaded against all retail associates. Then the customer is ornery to the next retail associate. Does that then give that retail worker cause to be mean?

Really. People who are ornery and incompetent or just one of the two, shouldn't be allowed to associate with other people. Any people.

Ever.

No comments: