Saturday, February 6, 2010

Felines in Speedos.


The kids and I ventured to Bountiful yesterday to spend the day swimming at the crazy huge Rec. Center's children's pool.

Prior to leaving, I spoke to my sister-in-law, Leah, about our different options while there: Adult swimming pool, kiddie pool, eating lunch afterwards, yada yada.

Apparently Tabby overheard our conversation, and after a 45 minute drive we arrived at the pool. Tabs looked a little confused.

Tabby: Mom, why do they have a lot of pools?

Mom: Well, I guess they just want to let grown ups swim and kids swim too.

Tabby: So there is the adult pool, the pool for people like me, and a cat pool?

Mom: A cat pool, Tabs?

At this point I am wracking my brain to find a reason for her to believe there would be felines swimming in this place.

Tabby: Yeah a cat pool. Where is it?

Mom: Tabs, cats don't like water. I don't think there is a cat pool.

Tabby: You said there is! You said there is an adult pool, a smaller pool, and a kitty pool!

Oh! A KIDDIE pool!

I then had to explain the English language is all sorts of crazy and sometimes two words sound the same, but aren't, and are spelled differently, and .... you get the picture.

She laughed about it, but I think she was a little disappointed not to see cats in swim caps working on their backstroke.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

that cat is scary, and I hate it.

Katie said...

I have that same linguistic problem over here -no one understands my t's and d's! Tabby would make a very fine Brit :)