
Tonight marks the last night Isaac will sleep in his crib.
At least that's the plan. Plan B if I am honest.
Plan A was to begin the process tonight. I attempted to have him sleep with his mattress on the floor. I thought it would help him if Tabby and I went through our regular bedtime routine in his room.
After reading books, and singing songs, it was Tabby's turn to offer family prayer. Her prayer began in the usual way. It then took a thoughtful twist, and went something like this:
"Help Isaac to sleep in his big kid bed. Help Isaac to not jump on his big kid bed. Help Isaac not fall off and crack his head. Help me to play on Isaac's big kid bed with him in the morning."
She closed with Amen at which time Isaac proceeded to jump on the mattress, run ar

ound the room, and attempt to use the mattress to scale his chest of drawers. All while singing his own theme music. Have I mentioned Isaac has a his own 'theme song'. It goes something like this:
*ahem*
"Daaaa da da da daaaaa. Da Da Da Daaaaaaa." It usually involves arms flailing and fingers pointing skyward.
But anyway.
Tabby just stared at him, and in exasperation said "Mom, maybe I should have asked Heavenly Father to make him CALM DOWN!"
6 comments:
Cute kids!!
-Steph
Kids prayers are the best! They are so cute.
LOL - LOVE IT!
Hilarious.
I love the picture of Ike with (I'm guessing) Tabby's shoes on the wrong feet and pushing a baby stroller.
All I read was PLAN B....
Danielle-
Don't worry. You read plan "A". That plan was to have him actually sleep on the floor. After the 'non-calming down' situation, I caved, and put the mattress back in the crib. ("Tonight marks the last night..")
This left plan "B" to begin the following night with Ike sleeping on the mattress outside the crib.
I am happy to report that Ike is surviving the transition.
Post a Comment