Yesterday was my Mom's birthday, but she says everyday is a birthday.
Allow me to explain.
My mom was diagnosed with cancer over 12 years ago. She has gone through rigorous treatments including chemotherapy, radiation, surgeries and medication after medication after medication. As of late the cancer has spread to her lungs, liver and throughout her bones.
Yet through all this my mom has remained optimistic. All I know is if ever there was an example of true endurance it would be my mom.
She recently chose to stop her chemotherapy treatment, and her tumor markers went down (translation- the spreading cancer has somewhat slowed without the use of treatment). I attribute this to her brute strength.
Really, that woman is a fighter.
She is truly amazing and I count myself fortunate to call her Mom.
Allow me to explain.
My mom was diagnosed with cancer over 12 years ago. She has gone through rigorous treatments including chemotherapy, radiation, surgeries and medication after medication after medication. As of late the cancer has spread to her lungs, liver and throughout her bones.
Yet through all this my mom has remained optimistic. All I know is if ever there was an example of true endurance it would be my mom.
She recently chose to stop her chemotherapy treatment, and her tumor markers went down (translation- the spreading cancer has somewhat slowed without the use of treatment). I attribute this to her brute strength.
Really, that woman is a fighter.
She is truly amazing and I count myself fortunate to call her Mom.
3 comments:
Hello to the Weilands!! This is Dena (I know, I know, the "Gandalf" thing is old, but has stuck nonetheless) :) Hey, I told you that I would leave you our blogger address, and therefore- -here it is: www.no-more3x5s.blogspot.com
Much Love!! And, it was so fun to see you guys tonight!! We will have to do something again soon!!
AMY!!!! I found your blog on someone else's in our old ward so I had to leave you a message!! How are you girl? Check out my blog sometime! mattdarlanelson.blogspot.com
I agree that your mom is an amazing person. As I was working in the yard, I thought of the many ways she has influenced my life. My yard, that she designed about three years ago, is almost transformed. I get compliments all the time thanks to Diana's suggestions. I also enjoy quilting with Amie, another of Diana's ideas. I'm glad you are in our family and by extension your great mom and dad!!
Post a Comment