Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Girl vs. Boy

I love having a girl and a boy. It seems that everyday I find some glaringly obvious difference between the sexes.


My little Tabs loves make-up. She loves babies. She loves dancing and swoons over anything pretty. "Oh, mom that is totally cute, " she said the other day while looking through one of our favorite catalogs.

She went to a Glamour Party on Saturday. She was told to 'dress to impress'. Here are the before and after pics.






























Then there is Ike. My little man. In contrast to my little princess, my sweet son is all boy. This little boy world if so foreign to me. In the last 14 1/2 months I have had to become acclimated to his world. I have learned a few things about boys along the way:


1) There is a lot of unnecessary throwing involved. Not just "here, let me get this toy out of the way so I can get to the next one" but "how far and fast can I launch this?"


2) Everything becomes a sword. My friend Coty warned me about this one. I didn't believe her, but I should have. Seriously, even my plastic duster attachment becomes his weapon which he uses to tease his sister.

In this picture Ike is using Tabby's stroller to give his "sword" a ride.






3)He has this crazy ability to climb on things. Not only is this a safety issue, but the screeching that follows is lethal when he realizes he can't get down. I call this screeching his howler monkey call.



4) He likes really loud noises. Trucks passing, motorcycles the sound of his golf ball against cabinet doors or fireplace glass.



5) Hitting is instinctive. My little Bam Bam learned how to hit within in a couple of days of introducing him to a bat and ball.
























I love being part of this new world. I have learned that boys are so fun- hitting and all.


In fact with all the differences between girls and boys, it makes me appreciate both Tabs and Ike more.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I love, love, love the make-up pic. That's one for the yearbook for sure!

Grandma said...

Here I am unable to sleep and checking my kids blogs. It is so much fun because obviously I can't call at 5:30 AM to tell you guys how much I love being in touch this way. I love your thoughts and am sorry to see Air-u-la go!