I love projects.Period.
The prospect of making something new or beautiful again really gets me outta bed in the morning.
It's been a while since I've tackled a home improvement task. Like, maybe a couple months. (Hey, that's a long time in Amy-needs-a-project-like-a-drunk-man-needs-tequila days.)
So you may ask why I haven't stripped any paint from an old table, reupholstered majorly hashed chairs, or made the light fixtures I SO want for my son's room?
My project these last two months was me. Something I've neglected for awhile now. I told my sister, Jessica, just over a year ago if I spent as much time on myself as I did cleaning and designing my home, I would have one rockin' body.
So I decided to put that theory to the test. For the last 12 months I've participated in various programs: running, lifting weights, going to the gym for long amounts of time, pilates, yoga, yada yada, you get the picture.
In June I started a workout regiment in full force. A 60 day program called Insanity. Working out six days a week. I was used to daily workouts and had done the program before three days a
week, so no biggie. Or so I thought.
It kicked my BOOTY! Really. As in, I cried, no, sobbed, through one of the workouts in month two. The sad thing? I didn't have enough water in my body to cry actual tears. My sweat glands were spewing so much fluid my tear ducts couldn't produce enough moisture to weep!
It was pretty bad. But probably looked pretty funny as I bounced about with such a spastic, pathetic look on my face.
But I got through it that day. And the next. And the next. On Monday of this week I graduated. I'm done. And I'm so glad I did it. I would recommend it to anyone. It's worth the spastic pathetic-ness it creates.
Although my theory of a rockin' body hasn't fully come to fruition, I am happy to have finished.
And even happier to start working on those light fixtures I SO want for my son's room.
2 comments:
Congrats Amy! Such an inspiration! Beautiful woman inside and out. So happy for you!!
Whatev Aim - you look AMAZING...
Post a Comment