Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Art.

Tabby has always had a fascination and appreciation for art. In all it's forms. When she found out Thad owns an artist's easel, she begged for permission to use it. She wanted to paint a portrait of our home.

I was totally game. What a great idea.

So, with typical "I can do anything" optimism, Tabs created a great likeness of our house and the (sad, sorry and lacking) surrounding landscape.

Today we explored sidewalk painting.

Ingredients:

1. Water. From a faucet.

2. Paintbrush. Any paintbrush. Even the ones that are jammed at the back of your junk drawer. The ones you've forgotten you have. Those will work.

3. Old restaurant kids-meal cups you really don't want to take pictures of, but HAVE TO use cause you really don't want your glass ones smashed all over the concrete.

4. Two (or more, or less, I have two) adorable kids ready to be amazed at the simple and lasting fun that H2O can create.

Tabs practicing her Chinese characters.

"My friend"



Ike perfecting his splattering technique.



The kids rejoicing in their artistic awesomeness.


Now if I could only put their artistic flare to work on my sad, sorry and lacking landscape.

That'd be nice.

2 comments:

The Fred & Stephanie Lewis Family said...

LOVE the pics of your ARTIST (let's pronounce it AR - TEE - ST)! Very, VERY FUN!
--Steph

worldinarms said...

great shadow pic! what a fun, non-messy idea!