Friday, June 26, 2009

What's in a Name?


I hope my brother and sister-in-law don't mind me sharing a story I heard recently involving their two cute kids.

But I have to.

My sister-in-law is pregnant with baby number three. Her two older kids, Elise and Brycen, are excited for the arrival of their little sister. So excited in fact they have already named her.

They shall call her Jelly Bean.

I think this is great, but what I think is even funnier is the name selection process. I wasn't there, but I heard the conversation went something like this:

Elise: "I want to name the baby Bubblegum."

Brycen: "Elise! No..... that's a BOY'S name!"

So funny.

But the story continues.

On the ride home tonight I was telling Thad about Elise and Bryce's conversation. Tabby, overhearing our conversation, burst into intense laughter after hearing Brycen's reply.

I smiled. Appreciating my daughters quick understanding of the humor in the story.

Her laugh continued to grow. She made me tell the story again. I did, to which she exclaimed, "That is so funny! So silly. Bubblegum's a boy AND a girls name!"

No comments: