Monday, September 22, 2008

Mindy Tagged Me!

Here are the rules: List 3 joys, 3 fears, 3 obsessions, 3 surprising facts and tag 3 more people on your blog.


Joys


1. Of course, my little family: Thad, Tabby and Ike. They definitely have a way to make me smile every day.

2. Music. I have always loved all kinds of music. I would say outside my family and relationships, music has brought more happiness into my life and opened more doors for me than anything else.


3. Teaching/Training. Maybe I felt attention starved growing up, but I love being in the spotlight as often as possible. Or maybe it's the fact that when I am training a group of employees people actually listen to me for long periods of time. And they rarely interrupt me--unlike my 2 little bosses at home. ;) And if they do have a comment, it is with offered with raised hands not shouted demands.



Fears


1. Just as any parent, losing my kids is something I worry about daily. I kind of take it to the extreme though. I play out fantastical improbable scenarios in my mind that are completely unproductive and sometimes paralyzing.


2. Being ordinary/forgettable. I don't want to be a "typical" anything: Stay-at-home mom, Mormon, suburban wife, any of that. I would far prefer people thinking I am weird or a slightly loony than believe I am just like everyone else.


3. Birds. Water. Natural disasters. Haunted houses. International Politics professors. And a lot more I don't want to mention.


Obsessions - Wow there are so many. I will keep to just the minimum of three. I still want you to like me.


1. Repeatedly arranging and rearranging my furniture and home accessories. It's a disease-- a really bad, bad, bad disease.


2. Bargain hunting. If I can find anything cheaper than retail I will. I just don't see the point of paying full price for something if you don't have to.


3. Chewing on my kids. I literally bite (softly) on their cheeks. I can't resist the chubbiness. My children are now conditioned to run when I say "Do I need to chew on your face?"


Surprising Facts -I am a pretty open book, so to think of 3 "surprising" facts was quite a task.

1. I want to own my own big business. We're talking global. Yes, Martha Stewart big (pre -conviction and jail time).


2. I kinda have a crush on Christian Bale. OK, it's pretty big and altogether unhealthy- maybe it should go in the obsessions category. It goes as far back as "Newsies". But never fear, Thad knows.


3. I can't really fall asleep anywhere but at home. I just can't seem to relax. However, I did fall asleep in the Paris airport, and almost missed my connecting flight. But I blame that on my 26 hour flight schedule.


Anyway, that's me. Quirks and all.


People Tagged ( I will be looking to see how you respond)


1.Haleigh
2.Darla
3.Cousin Livi (Olivia)

8 comments:

The Fred & Stephanie Lewis Family said...

So do I just do what you did except put "Amy Tagged Me!"

T.A.T.I Crew said...

Hi Haleigh-Bug,

Yep. Just fill in 3 of your own joys, fears, obsessions, and surprising facts.

Don't forget to tag 3 people ;).

Have fun.

Olivia Meikle said...

Yay, Christian Bale! Sigh. Swing Kids too. Good, good stuff.

Nici said...

Amy...I just wanted to say thanks for poasting on my blog...I just found it. The reunion was a "good times" moment. I wish we could have visited a bit longer. your childern are beautiful!!!

Mindy Heywood said...

Hey you. Thanks for playing along. I loved reading about you. Don't worry about me; I'm doing OK. Not something I really want to talk about on here. I don't have your number or email. Would Jeri have either one?

Tawni Williams said...

ha ha - I decided I need to hire you and Thad as my blog writers... mine is not in any where near the 'entertainment' range as your guys :)

Danielle said...

Now I know everything about you. I can stop blogging. Come over and hang out.

Olivia Meikle said...

Happy, happy birfday, Amy Dear . . .