Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Update...

When I started this blog I mentioned that I would use it, on rare occasion, as an outlet to vent my feelings. 

I still don't know if this truly is the proper forum to broadcast this, but with people being concerned about recent events concerning me and my family, I think it would be better to continue updating people by way of this blog. Really- I heart cyberspace. 

My intention is not to keep people at a distance, but to give updates without bawling to each of you on the phone (even though it sometimes makes me feel better to talk it through that way).  

Here goes:

We are losing my mom to cancer.

She is in the final stages- her final weeks, perhaps days, of  life.

She has been so brave and strong through this process. I have been amazed by her willpower. 

We have started the Hospice process. Meaning: nurses are coming in a couple times a week to make sure she has all the medications necessary (I didn't know one body could take so many pills) to make her as comfortable as possible. 

I have to say I so appreciate the supportive calls and emails we have already received. It is amazing how many fantastic friends you realize you have in times like these. Thank you, thank you.

We don't know how long this process will be. We kind of live minute by minute. I will continue to post updates as I am able to do so.

7 comments:

Jane said...

I am so sad to hear this. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

The Fabulous Five said...

Amy,

We love you and are thinking of you. Be strong.

Zac-ShaunaFamily said...

You have been in our thought and prayers. We wish we were closer to help out. Hopefully we will be able to see you soon. We sure love you!

Gandalf said...

We are so sad to hear that you are going through such a difficult experience. We are praying for your family.

The Bradys

Jessup Jive said...

Remember to end each conversation with her by telling her you love her. You probably already do this. When I lost someone so very close to me for the same reason, I had comfort in knowing that those were the last words I spoke to her. Call me anytime, I'll just cry with you. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

luvbmmp said...

Amy: I send my love and prayers to you and your family. In the video your Mom reminded me of my Mom and Thad's Grandma Myrna and how much she loved life. You will miss her for the rest of your life, it will not go away; but it will be a reminder of how much you love and cared for her.

I still have conversations with my Mom today in prayer and I can't wait for the day to see her whole again.

Take care dear one, Aunt Linda

Scoops Mangum said...

Thad,

I am so sorry! I wish all the best to your family in this difficult time!

Tracy