My intention is NOT by any means meant to be a distraction from the more pressing and important issue of Amy's prior post. I haven't yet figured out the blogging etiquette surrounding how long to let my intelligent, beautiful, and talented wife's entry below sink in before I say something.
If I am premature in this post, Amy please accept my apologies. If it's been more than a few days since you've checked in on this blog there are TWO new entries. This one, and the one below. This one will likely make you laugh while the one below, we're hoping, will motivate you to action. That being said . . . *ahem*.
I'm a die-hard New England Patriots fan.
It's been good the last few years. All the hope I was feeling for this season came screetching to a halt during game one when the face of the franchise, Tom Brady, blew out his knee in the first quarter, effectively ending his season.
(Now imagine the voice of the German gun-smuggler from "The Three Amigos".)
I was crushed.
(Now back to my own seductively gravelly voice . . .)
Literally, less than 24 hours earlier I was proudly dressing my 18-month old son in his first Tom Brady replica jersey (Thanks Zac). If Amy forgives me for not giving her post adequate "simmer" time, maybe she'll post some of our pictures. I currently own two of the same jersey and have already caught the eye of many a passerby for the clever way in which me and Ike coordinate our outfits.
Seriously, an entire group of line-dancers, respectively at the "twilight of their lives" affectionately called us "Tom Brady" and "Little Tom Brady" at the state fair. I was simultaneously proud and flattered.
Flattered mostly because not only is Tom Brady (pre-injury mind you) arguably the best athlete in the league, but he is also (so I've been told) the best looking.
Bringing me to the purpose of this posting: I was emailed an article by the popular satire website "The Onion" I found funny. I thought I'd pass it along. (Danielle: I think you're gonna like it.)
Here you have it:
http://www.theonion.com/content/news/female_fans_out_for_season_with
Now go write your Senator about more important matters.
2.
2 comments:
I REALLY do hate to see someone with that masculine, yet boyish appeal, go down.
It is, and will always be, a sad day in the history of football.
At least we have Prison Break.
ha ha - I honestly just LOVE you people. That's all I wanted to say.. I just love you guys
Post a Comment