Friday, June 6, 2008

Lake Trippin'

Thad loves water. Tabby is growing to love water, and Ike's curiosity leads him to put his face right in it and splash all over.


I, however, remain deeply petrified of the stuff.



I am desperately trying not to pass my fear of water to my kids. One of the reasons we purchased our home is it's location to a nearby man-made lake. So we walk a block or so and the kids sit on the dock and dangle their feet in the shallow water while I struggle to keep my heart palpitations from overtaking my body.



To help our kids become acclimated to water Thad takes Tabby out on the sailboat he inherited- maybe stole, I can't remember which- from his older brother. A couple of weeks ago Thad and our good friend Mark took Tabs kayaking on the lake. She absolutely loved it. Our attempts at preventing her fear seem to be working. Hoo-freakin'-ray.


Ike and I just watched and waited on the shore- just as I prefer it.





1 comment:

Jessup Jive said...

Looks like fun, I will get in as long as I can touch! As for the kids they have a healthy fear that keeps them from doing anything that really freaks mom out!