Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Divine Dining

Tabby has never been a picky eater. She tries most everything I put in front of her, and often her complaints are minimal.

Until Saturday night.

I made a Mexican pasta dish that included salsa and various spices. Tabby took one bite. After what I thought to be an all too dramatic ordeal and protest, she spit the food back onto her dinner plate.

Then the pouting began.

It was her turn to say the blessing on the food. Through a strained whinny voice she pleaded with God, "Heavenly Father, please make my food more yummier."

After concluding her prayer, she quickly tried the food again. But to no avail, right back on the plate it went.

Apparently with even the faith of a child and a prayer to the almighty my cooking is still a hopeless cause. Ah, well.

1 comment:

Jane said...

I love that story, it is so cute. And so funny.