
Hello.
It's Thad again.
I've got a confession to make: it could possibly be misinterpreted by some that my sister, Sarah, loves my parents more than I do. And if your measure of love is determined by the timely posting of well deserved blogs, then you may be among those doing the misinterpreting.
The entire, very well written, story can be read at the "Sarah and Gavin" blog linked on the side here somewhere (or the "Mom Weiland" blog for the first hand account). That being said, I'll merely provide the Readers' Digest version:
It's a simple story. It starts with two people in love. Wanting to do the right thing, and without the support of family, they married in the temple. The ceremony was simple, as was their lifestyle starting out. They had virtually nothing but their love for each other and an old car.
A little while later, they have some really cool kids and set off making a life for themselves.
And what a life it's turned out to be.
I can't really say the story ends the same way it began because it's not over. It's continuing gloriously the way it started: with two people in love.
Forty years. Six children. Eleven and two halves grandchildren. Countless states, countries, and wholehearted belly laughs. I am honored to be a part of this story.
Thank you Mom and Dad. Congratulations two days after your anniversary.
Sarah is certainly more eloquent. Surprisingly, for once, she was on time and congratulated Mom and Dad before I could. But remember this: Mom. Dad. If you're reading this. She moved three beautiful grandchildren away from you.
Who loves you more NOW?

Weiland Family 2006
Thanks for the pictures Sarah.
2 comments:
You are such a butthead, but a funny butthead. So you saw my blog, huh? Where's your comment? =)
And I resent the 'for once' about my timeliness. Puhleeese. I may be late to spin class, but I am right on top of my game when it comes to blog posts.
Sure love you bro. Keep those belly laughs coming.
Hey. Hey! HEY!
Stop arguing or I'll send you to your rooms!
I mean it!
Post a Comment