Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Fabric Goddess in the Making. . .

I met Amy Butler today. Amy. Butler. The fabric goddess.

I received word she was going to participate in a meet and greet at our local Material Girls shop. I was so excited.

I asked Tabs to come along because I think it's important she finds a variety of heros in this world. I would be absolutely fine if Amy Butler became just that for her.

I prepped her on the way. I told her all about Amy Butler. How she is a successful artist and business woman. That she designs fabulous fabrics and patterns. That she draws just like Tabby loves to do.

We bought the Amy Butler pattern book for handbags. We plan on making each one together. Eventually. A mother daughter lofty goal, if you will.

Amy was kind. Gentle. Genuinely interested in what we had to say, and answered all our questions about her work. She told Tabby she started sewing at 7.

That lit a spark in Tabs.



Tabby just soaking it all in





Tabby felt so inspired by Amy's story, she started her first design immediately. She drafted, measured, cut and sewed her first handbag.




This kid's gonna do big things in her life. And if she has a role models like Amy Butler, she's surely set for success.



4 comments:

Jessica Adams said...

That is so awesome! Now I'm totally regretting not going!
GO TABS!!

Celeste said...

Why then is the pattern on her dress so horrendous? Please tell me it wasn't that bad in real life.

jamatukk said...

So awesome Aim! I wish I would of been able to come. Super cute that you took that Miss Tabs. Love the new bag. Way to go sew! Love ya Britt

jake 'n amie said...

so awesome! Go Tabs! you always amaze us!