
Every spring and summer my porch and the concrete steps leading up to it are constantly covered with colorful drawings of flowers, clouds, and dinosaurs.
The evolution of my kid's chalk creations is fascinating to me. When Tabby was smaller it was just random lines here and there with an occasional circle or star. That's where Ike is now, content with drawing simple shapes representing "bad guys fighting".
Now Tabby has taken the drawings to a whole other level.
She has figured out if she creates a puddle on the sidewalk and colors like mad with chalk inside that puddle, the chalk turns to a paste consistent enough to cover her hands and feet. The rich pigment makes the most glorious hand and feet prints that resemble ancient cave drawings.
Tabby the Avatar.
( I suggested "Smurf" but got blank stares from both her and Ike.
I know, I have obviously deprived them.)
Isn't being a kid simply magical?
No comments:
Post a Comment