I just don't get it. Really, I don't.
Mostly because I've seen a majority of the people who fawn over said brooding guy are ladies older than me. And they are married.
This is odd to me.
I even talked to a woman who, in the middle of her reading, closed her book, looked at her husband and through tears asked him why he couldn't be more like "that guy in the book".
What?! That's messed up.
Then I see this in a parking lot:

Uhhh....
Now, I realize each individual has the right to like what they might, but really.
I just. don't. get. it.
But then again, we all have our quirks right? I would probably sport some sort of plate guards that said something to the effect of "I decorate with dead branches" or "I brake for cool rocks on the side of the road" or better yet "Shamefully, yes, I do watch Glee."
9 comments:
A friend at the gym today told me Stephanie Meyer has written another book, but she had no idea what the premise was. I was hopefully optimistic, but unfortunately it is a Twilight spin-off.
All the crazies will go even crazier when it comes out in June. Make sure you lock your doors. =)
Yes. Did you know the monstrosity made her 50 million last year?
On a happier note my sweet love climbed into a pit of driftwood today to pick out all the best pieces. I will MAKE them fit into my suitcase. I will.
Amen! I don't think I would like it if my husband obsessed over a female book character (and flaunted it by wearing t-shirts, joining clubs and putting decals on his car). I don't get it either. Am I missing something? I am pretty sure I have offended friends in the past because of the way I feel about this.
I enjoyed the books and I still think people are taking it way way way to far. I've heard of a few people getting divorced after they read the books and expected their husbands to act like the guys in the book. It's a BOOK PEOPLE NO GUY REALLY ACTS LIKE THAT.
the only part I don't get is the Cullen part, I totally go for Team Jacob... ha, ha :)
I love you Amy. You are hilarious! I have to admit I do like the books and they have a way of drawing you in. But really People??? Its a STORY!!
Is that the trap door to the back of a mini van? ....all I'm gonna say....
Danielle- Surprisingly, no. But point taken.
You're too funny! I think this also fits in the "Only in Utah" category!!
Post a Comment