Friday, March 19, 2010

Napkin Pillows

I am a fabric freak. I think I have mentioned this before, but I am pretty sure I was tame in my description as to how deep and dysfunctional this obsession goes.

I love it. I love all the different patterns, the feel of various textures, and of course the COLOR! Ahhh. Seriously. It's pathetic how much I adore fabric.

So I am always in the market to expand my collection. Most of the time I don't even know what I am going to use it for, but I just have to buy it and will later find it's purpose.

This week I found my most recent favorite pattern in an unlikely place. Target. Yep. I was shopping the clearance end caps, where you will find me on a regular basis, and found this:


Glory! I was in love. You can't really see it clearly in the picture, but this set of 4 napkins was on clearance for $2.49.

I bought 3 packages and skipped happily home. Well, at least to the car, cause I drove, but anyway. . .

When I got home I made these:


Lemme show you how I did it.


1. After ironing 2 of the napkins, I folded them in half with the wrong side out.

2. I sewed along the already sewn seam and about 1/4" along the folded side.

3. I turned them right-side out.

4. Then Tabs and I stuffed them using batting from an old discarded pillow.

5. I hand sewed them shut using a "step ladder" stitch that my genius Mother-in-law taught me. (If you want to learn, let me know. It is awesome.)

6. I jumped up and down with happiness over the fact it took me less than half an hour to complete the whole da-zang thing.



So the total cost for my afternoon project?

$1.33.

I love fabric. I love saving money. I love my new pillows.




2 comments:

Jessica Adams said...

You rock. I'm stealing this idea.

CatCrazy said...

Those are awesome! I love the Target end caps!