Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I Love Friends.

My best friend, Ash, and I have known each other a long time. 18 years actually.

We've been through a lot together. From Jr. High drama to High School heartbreaks, new babies, and deaths in the family, we have seen each other through a lot of stuff life has thrown our way.

One of the best things about having a friend with so much history is that I don't really have to explain myself. Cause she just knows why I choose what I do, or why I say the dumb stuff I say. And after all this time, she still gets me. She genuinely understands me. My total unmasked self. There is so much security in that.

But I think what makes me the happiest is how much we still think alike. That we can go a couple of months without seeing each other, and then show up for dinner sporting the same hair cut.



I guess that's how I know we were supposed to be friends.


No comments: