I won't deny I kinda pushed this on Tabs. This whole playing t-ball at the age of 5 thing.
But I thought she would love it. And I think she does.
Because of Thad's love for Boston he supported Tabby playing ball on the condition she played for the Sox and none else. To ensure she was placed on this particular team, he negotiated with the organizers of the league. If he agreed to coach, he would have first dibs on any team of his choosing.
So the team of Red Sox 2009 was formed.
Today was their first game. The kids dawned the traditional black stripes beneath their eyes, chewed sunflower seeds and were required to slide into home plate.
If I'm honest, Tabby spent more time twirling, talking with teammates in the outfield, and waving to onlookers than concentrating on the game. There were several times she didn't even have her glove on, but instead wore it as a hat or used it as a seat cushion. All while playing third base.
Ah well. She was smiling. And that counts for something.
Go Sox.
2 comments:
I love that Thad is the coach. So sweet.
I love little Ike!!
My favorite commercial airing now in Georgia is one of a little boy playing soccer. He misses kicking the ball, dances around the field, falls on the ground. The dad on the side lines is worried about his son being disappointed with his performance & approaches him with trepidation after the game. The son says "Did you see me out there?" The dad says "I did." The boys reply "I was AWESOME!" I am sure the game was AWESOME for your sweet Tabs. Too CUTE with her pink & black mitt.
-Steph
Post a Comment