
For lunch yesterday I took the kids to Carls Jr.
While playing in the indoor play yard Tabby was relentlessly trying to get a girl to pay her a little attention. I am not sure if the girl was shy or apprehensive about Tabby's somewhat overbearing questioning: "What's your name? Do you want to play with me? Do you want to be my friend?"
The little girl didn't even look at Tabs let alone respond.
About 15 minutes passed and I assumed Tabby's attempts had been forgotten.
Then it began again "Do you want to be my friend? Do you want to play with me?" And finally, "What is your name?!"
Silence.
Then my sweet persistent girl exclaimed, "Maybe you want me to guess your name!" The nameless girl began to giggle. Tabs took this as an invitation to continue, and she proceeded to guess every name she could think of: "Gaby, Elise, McKinnley, Mulan (the girl began to giggle more), Ariel, Pocahontas!" After this the girl was laughing so hard she stopped Tabby and said "No! My name is Becca!"
Success!
Tabby found a new friend in a very unconventional way. But a way that, for her, and her new friend, worked nonetheless.
3 comments:
Gotta love that girl. I love how she used all her cousins and friends names first. Just like the princess did. Luckily Becca was a lot nicer than Rumplestilskin.
Nice that Tabs is so outgoing too. She is amazing.
Too cute. Persistant little Tabs.
CUTE GIRL!!! Way to go Tabs.
-Steph
Post a Comment