Saturday, September 25, 2010

Graduation Day.

8 weeks ago I decided I needed a major change.

I was tired. I was weak. I was achy.

All the time.

So, with Thad's encouragement, and a realization that my 31st birthday is quickly approaching, I decided to try a new running program.

I've never been a runner. But the program is designed to take a completely inactive (okay, okay, LAZY) person like me, and train them for a 5K within a 9 week time period.

Without them wanting to die in the process.

I was hesitant. I was scared. I had major commitment issues.

But with the program kicking me into gear, with music blaring in my ears and a gorgeous lake to distract me from my shallow mucus-coated breathing, I kept at it.

Today I graduated. I finished.

Now the lake and I are best friends, my legs and I are back on speaking terms, and I can continuously run a 5K without puking. An entire 3.1 miles!

Whodathunk?


My friend Claire and me at the finish line of my first 5K.


The beautiful lake that has seen me through it all. Oh, if that water could talk. . .



Celebrating my last run of the program.

2 comments:

Mary @ RoomPolish said...

Congrats! You go girl---you're such an inspiration to me, I can't stick to a running program at all. at ALL. So happy for you!

Dwight and Heidi said...

I am totally impressed! Good job!