A day where I couldn't get out of my "mommy funk". It seemed that I couldn't get anything right.
I decided to take the kids into Salt Lake for a trip to the Gateway. That's when things started to unravel.
I didn't pack the kids swimming suits for the water fountains, so I had to purchase some at a near by store. I didn't pack water, so I had to stop at a convenience store and get some. I didn't remember snacks for my kids who were famished following all the running around one does at said water fountains. I forgot to pack bandages, so when Ike fell off the concrete step, I didn't have anything to cover the wound. I let Tabby put her pants on over her wet swimming suit, so it looked as though. . . well, you know.
In the midst of my guilt and self depreciating thoughts for all the things I failed to do correctly today, I noticed my little Tabby interact with the kids at the Children's Museum. She noticed a little girl crying, found a stuffed animal, and used it to comfort the girl.
Meanwhile my Ike refrained from clobbering a little boy who had pushed and hit him, and helped another child by putting pretend gasoline in his car.
While I sat there, I couldn't help but think that maybe I wasn't messing up too horribly as a mom. That maybe it's okay to have days where I forget things and events don't go according to plan. That my kids are doing alright despite my inefficient moments, and they'll survive just fine without a perfect mom.
3 comments:
Amy - always thought you are an AMAZING mother - always will. Just want you to know that
Well I think if I'm even a fraction of the mother you are I'll be alright.
You are terrific Mom all the time, in my humble opinion!
Post a Comment