She is thoughtful. Because we live close (about a 10 minute drive), she is so willing to help. When I was pregnant with Isaac, she came over multiple times every week to do dishes, wash floors, fold laundry, whatever. During that time she never missed taking Tabby to playgroup. She knew that was important to me. I'm pretty sure that's why she and Tabby have the great relationship they do. Tabby adores her and often says "We need to call Aunt Heidi. I miss her."
Another advantage to living so close is I get to enjoy her culinary masterpieces. Seriously. She is a freakin' food genius. She has a gift.
Heidi is really good at spending money. Other peoples money. Not in a laundering, embezzling sort of way, but in an "Oh, look how fantastic this would look in your house!" sort of way.
Heidi has always stood up for me. There were times when I am sure it wasn't easy for her, but she did it so courageously. I am forever indebted to her for the risks she took on my behalf.
She has become a fantastically articulate woman who has worked in career fields where her superiors have both admired and praised her for her infectious ambitious nature. She is one tough nut. Seriously, I kinda think she would intimidate/scare the living snot out of me were we not related.
Heidi married a man who desperately loves her, makes mouthwatering cake in her honor, and is absolutely perfect for her.
These are merely a small number of things I so admire about Heidi. I consider myself so fortunate to call her sister.

2 comments:
Thanks for saying such nice things and for the new hair color. I love it and I love you.
I enjoyed taking Tabby to play group. I can't believe how grown up she and Ike are.
Thanks for being such a great friend and sister.
Heidi
Heidi is a wonderful sister and friend. We love her too!! Happy Birthday a little late!
Post a Comment