Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Ummm.. I'm gonna pass. Thanks.


I read a lot of blogs. I also read any home design book I can get my hands on. So when I found the blog 'Design Sponge', it was love at first sight. First read? Whatever.

The blog allows for contributing designers to share their latest creations.

I love most everything on the blog and sometimes find myself in awe of the creativity these people possess. I even attempt, mostly in vain, some of their DIY ers (That's do-it-yourself-ers, Grandma).

And then today I see this:







I. Am. So. Not. Kidding.

Am I the only one hugely creeped out by this? Seriously, am I alone here?

So I start to read the instructions to create the "baby doll coatrack"(sick) and find these instructions:

1. Dismember your doll

Really. It says that.

2. . . . Set limbs aside.

No lie.

3. Drill 3 holes per limb. Make sure your holes will not come too close to the edge of the limb, because the screw may poke out of the side of a hand or foot.

Yep. Think I'll pass.

10 comments:

Jessica Adams said...

No, no, no. Please no. That is seriously the creepiest thing I have ever seen. How would one of any age even be able to pretend to sleep in a room with that on the wall??

Jane said...

I am speechless.

Jodi said...

Are you kidding? My boys would love that! Add some dripping blood and you've got yourself one fabulous shelf. What's the matter with you people? Dismembered body parts not your thing? Seriously, though. There are some things that are just wrong on so many levels.

Woolf Family said...

Wow, Wow now I know what to present for a super Saturday Idea if I want to get released really quick
It's crazy what some people find attractive

Sarah said...

I actually love it. Hilarious and a definite conversation piece. =)

Danielle said...

That 'CRAFT' makes me feel hate.

It also makes me want to tell people that aren't designers to STOP publishing their bull crap on websites and misleading people to think their stupid ideas are actually valid.

Not that I feel strongly about it...or anything.

Thanks for hating it. I think we can remain friends.

Tawni Williams said...

ha ha- I'm really hoping this was specific for halloween - and even after that - a baby doll? Hmm...

The Mattesons said...

At first when I saw the picture I thought, "What the crap is that?" But having all boys I would have to agree with the comment by Jodi...my boys would think it's awesome! Still way creepy though!

The Fred & Stephanie Lewis Family said...

This makes me laugh so hard!!!
I think it's out of fear.
Truly, truly frightening.
-Steph

Matt & Darla said...

That is seriously one of the CREEPIEST things I've ever seen! Yikes! No thanks!