I want to be just like my kids.
Although it sounds like the ultimate cliche, I truly learn so much from Tabby and Ike everyday.
These are just the highlights of what I have learned this week.
From Tabby
Don't be afraid to try new things: Tabby started Preschool this week, and greeted it with so much optimism. She didn't even bock as I left her with 5 other unfamiliar children. She is really one of the strongest individuals I have ever met. Things don't phase her. She is amazing.
Be uniquely creative: A couple of weeks ago Tabs decided we needed to host a birthday bash to celebrate her beloved bear, Inee's (Eye-knee), 1st birthday. So we made invitations and party plans.
From Ike
Always stop to smell the flowers- and even the weeds: He really does this. The other night as we headed out for a walk he discovered the small yellow flowers in our neighbor's yard. He assumed his custom smelling pose; scrunching up his pouting lips to his nose, taking a deep breath, followed by a loud proclamation of "Mmmm!" When walking back home he nearly ran into a weed as tall as he is. He stopped, smelled and exclaimed "Mama, MMMMM!"
Be appreciative of everything. Even the small stuff.- Ike loves to say "ti-tue" (thank you) for everything. I give him milk- "ti-tue." I put on his shoes "ti-tue." Even after wrestling with him through a diaper change-- "ti-tue, Mom." The other night he was having a particularly hard time falling asleep. I sat by him and rubbed his back through the slats of the crib. After quite awhile I decided to just lay down on the floor. A couple minutes later he asked "Mama? Mama?" I let him know I was still there and everything was alright. With his sleepy little voice he whispered "Mama, ti-tue." Seriously, this little boy embodies true love.
I guess through the frustration that so often accompanies motherhood, I love these little moments of inspiration where I can regain a better perspective on life.
Even if it means smelling weeds.
4 comments:
That's really sweet Amy. Thanks for the reminder of how precious these tiny tykes truly are. I'm in the Sacramento airport typing this--on my way to rejoin my own little tykes. You made me look forward to seeing them even more.
I'm in Washington babysitting the little tykes. I loved what you said. Cherish the moments.. They are over too soon!
My favorite post of the day. Really cute!!
Loved that post! During the tantrums I need to focus on those sweet moments! I love how Ike says "ti-tue" for everything.
Post a Comment