I mean, as far as the amount of preparation, time and energy is concerned.
When I was a kid I wore my costume twice. On the same day. On Halloween day. And that was the extent of it.
Now kids have umpteen parties to attend, fashion parades in which to participate, trick-or-treating in various venues on various days, and by the time the REAL holiday gets here, their costumes are threadbare and drenched in chili and chocolate stains.
Ok, they aren't really drenched per se, but my point is Halloween gets increasingly crazy with each passing year.
Despite the insanity and busyness I love Halloween. Everything about it. Here are some pics of our adventures this fall:







1 comment:
hey amy - i read this back in october but neglected to follow through on my resolution to post a comment on every blog post i read of my friends' blogs. so . . . i completely agree with your assessment of halloween. yes, the non-stop costume-wearing and trick-or-treating is somewhat self-induced on my part but seriously? how many times does a kid need to go trick or treating in one month?
Post a Comment