Sunday, March 13, 2011

My Husband Rocks.

I love my husband.

That kinda goes without saying, I guess. After all, I think one should grow increasingly fond of their mate after 11 years of marriage.

But I digress.

Here's how our relationship works:

1. I think of a design idea I would love to try in our home.
2. Thad figures out how to make it happen.

Not bad, right?

Allow me to share his latest genius. Fixing our, what I lovingly call, "obnoxiously ugly bedroom light fixture issue."

I found a great pendant shade for a measly $5. (To replace aforementioned O.U.B.L.F.I.)

After searching various lighting stores, I refused to purchase the $85 lighting kit it would require to turn my discount shade into an actual lighting option.

Okay, okay I'm cheep. Big deal.

While making a stop at Ikea, I became discouraged with the fact I might have to settle for a cord hanging from my ceiling. Unlike the rod I wished for.

Then Thad saw this:
A lamp base. A simple, simple lamp base.

And it only cost $5.99. Beautiful.

So, my fantastically handy hubby cut the electrical cord (yes, he spa-lit the cord) to transform it into a hard wire situation.

What?! You can do that? Yes. Yes you can.

He then installed the lamp base upside down and made this:

Cool?


Total cost: $10.99 and a kiss to the man who so graciously puts up with my never ending projects.




5 comments:

The Fred & Stephanie Lewis Family said...

AWESOME!!!
-Steph
That's really cool. I don't know anybody who could think of that.
-Ammon

Tawni Williams said...

I LOVE THAT!!! What a clever idea!!

Leah said...

You guys amaze me. A neighbor of mine has a beautiful yard. The husband is always out planting and pruning. Due to his constant work, I thought he was the gardner but recently learned his wife is a "master gardner" through USU. I talked to him about this on Sunday and he described their relationship with their yard as such (it reminds me of you guys and your projects). He said, "I am the framer and she is the artist." You guys are great. Love what you come up with and do.

Grandma said...

That looks great!! You two make a good team!

Celeste said...

Rad! It's gorgeous. You need to check out ikeahackers.net. In fact you need to submit that to them. It's great. Oh and also, now I'll be stalking you via your blog as well as on Facebook. Deal with it.