Sunday, November 1, 2009

Stitches.



On Friday night Ikers received his first set of stitches. I say 'first set' only because I'm not delusional to the fact there will be more in his lifetime. After all, Ike is male. 3 years ago when I found out I was having a boy I saw 2 things in my future: pure joy, and doctor visits.

This accident wasn't dramatic or adventurous. It happened when Ike tried to pull himself up to the dinner table and cracked his lip on the edge of it.

After about 45 minutes in the local InstaCare, two deadening injections to his lip and 3 stitches later, I realized 3 years ago I had no idea there was a 3rd factor in my future: total gut wrenching agony. The agony of seeing this little person you love in pain. Awful.

I won't go into details, but know this: Ike is my hero. He is my tough little man, and I love him more now than ever.

4 comments:

Zac-ShaunaFamily said...

Well, tonight Ally got her two stitches, but on the upper lip. Zac can hardly handle any medical procedures. He was promising her ice cream and candy. She could have asked for anything and Zac would have given it to her.

jamatukk said...

Poor little ikers, love that little face. We don't do stitches yet we just go for the broken bones. Miss you guys. Britt

Grandma said...

Such a brave boy!

Zac-ShaunaFamily said...

The good news...he is looking more and more like his favorite Uncle Zac. Chicks dig scars.